Silverstein Legal is proud to announce that website lawyer, Corey Silverstein has accepted an invitation to speak at Michigan State College of Law, Journal of Business and Securities Law, Vol. 17 Spring Symposium. Internet attorney, Corey Silverstein is scheduled to speak on Friday, April 7, 2017 at 10:45a.m. at the Michigan State University Law College Building, Castle Board Room, 3rd Floor. Mr. Silverstein’s panel is entitled Regulation: The Legal Perspective on Evolving Federal and State Law and the following are the planned general discussion points: Setting the stage for the afternoon discussion on delivery of legal services and issues from the perspective of in-house professionals: Wyndham Hotels Case implications: What are the projections following the Third Circuit’s holding that the FTC can use the prohibition on unfair practices under section 5 of the FTC Act to regulate cybersecurity? Is the FTC limited in its authority to regulate cybersecurity controls? What…
Internet Law or Cyber Law (used interchangeably) are terms used that encapsulate the legal issues related to the use of the Internet. Both Internet Law and Cyber Law cover many different areas of the law including internet access and usage, privacy, freedom of expression, and jurisdiction.
Internet Law is often described as the law that regulates the Internet in the context of geographic scope of the Internet and political borders that are crossed in the process of sending data around the globe. The Internet itself is arguably borderless which has made it very difficult for various authorities to make and enforce laws affecting the Internet.
Our website attorneys are frequently dealing with laws such as:
– The Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
– The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA);
– The Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act;
– The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA);
– The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO);
– The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA);
– The Communications Decency Act (CDA);
– The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003;
– EU-US Privacy Shield; and
– The United States Copyright Act of 1976.
An attorney who practices Internet Law is often referred to as an Information Technology Lawyer. Our law firm focusses its practice on Internet Law and our Information Technology attorneys have been studying Information Technology (IT) their entire careers.
As Information Technology attorneys we provide our clients with the following types of services:
– Drafting, negotiating, interpreting, and litigating software licensing and maintenance agreements;
– Information Technology consulting and website analysis;
– Electronic Commerce (e-commerce) legal review and compliance;
– Website hosting and development issues;
– Telecommunication agreements;
– Domain transactions and disputes;
– Data Privacy and Security advice;
– Electronic Signature Law issues;
– Drafting, negotiating, interpreting and litigating website and domain purchase agreements;
– And much more.
If you are engaged in any type of business transactions online, there are numerous internet and information technology laws affecting you (most of which, you may be totally unaware of). It is essential that your current online business practices are complying with applicable law and are not exposing you and your business to liability.
Our Internet Law lawyers are here to help and we encourage you to contact us today.
Recent Internet Law Articles
News outlets across the world are reporting that a major data breach has occurred at Michigan State University. The Lansing State Journal reports that a university spokesman confirmed on Friday that about 400,000 records were affected that include names, social security numbers and Michigan State University identification numbers. Apparently, the University became aware of the data breach when it received an email that allegedly attempted to extort money. Michigan State University was quick to announce that it is offering to pay for 2 years of identity theft protection, fraud recovery, and credit monitoring for affected individuals. Unfortunately, this is a continuing trend in a world that is now dominated by news headlines that are reporting large-scale data breaches on a daily basis. Internet attorney Corey Silverstein, has been studying internet security and data breaches for his entire legal career and Silverstein Legal is your best option when it comes to…